Our Eco council members are:
Year 1 reps, Year 2 reps, Year 3 reps, Year 4 reps, Year 5 reps, Year 6 reps, Mrs Rabab (Eco Leader), Mr Rees (caretaker), Mrs Thornton (cook), Mrs Scourfield (TA), Miss Ralph (School Governor) and Mrs Leitch (parent).
They will be the driving force behind our Eco-school work. They will work towards:
– Ensuring that the whole school is aware of the Eco-Schools programme
– Taking the lead in carrying out the Environmental Review
– Ensuring that everyone in the school community is represented in the decision-making process (as far as possible)
– Providing a link between pupils, teachers, senior management team, governors and the whole school community
– Taking the lead in delivering the Eco-Schools Action Plan
Our Eco council empower children and adults to drive change, improve their environmental awareness, improve the school environment and also create financial savings for the school.
- We helped Welsh Water to complete a water assessment on our school. Water devices that could be improved were identified and were repaired or new devices were installed. We are looking forward to seeing the impact of this on our next water bill.
- We took part in a few charity events: UNICEF shoe share, Children in Need, Food collection for HOPE and KS2 are saving their loose change for Water Aid.
- We have had a few visitors to our school to help us understand important Eco messages: Recycle4Swansea, RSPB and Dwr Water.
- A group of children in Year 2 and Year 6 have been taking part in the RSPB Big Bird Watch. We have submitted our results to help the RSPB keep a check on UK birds.
Below are useful links to keep you informed on what we are doing on our eco schools journey:
If you have any suggestions or ideas you would like to share with us, please get in touch.